The financial services industry, spanning various sectors like banking, investment, insurance, and e-commerce, relies heavily on non-domestic employees who bring in their distinctive skills and invaluable global insights. However, a move to a new country comes with many initial costs that individuals need to be prepared for. Visa application fees, legal expenses, and even health examinations are just some of the costs that individuals on work visas must take into account when planning their finances.

If you’re a recent graduate who has completed a degree program in the US, the likelihood is that you’ll need to secure employment sponsorship to continue working in the country. This is especially true for those pursuing jobs in the IT, finance, or engineering industries. Fortunately, there are several options available for these students including the H-1B visa.

An alternative to the H-1B is the O-1 visa, which is granted for people who have demonstrated extraordinary abilities in their fields. This could be in the form of a major internationally recognized award, a body of scholarly articles in reputable publications, starring roles in box-office hits, or other similar achievements.

If you’re on an O-1 visa, you can change your employer if you want to, but you will need to have your sponsor (usually the company) submit an H-1B transfer petition for you before your current visa expires. This is a significant amount of hassle, so it’s best to make sure that your new employer is willing to go through this process before accepting their job offer. work visa finance

By admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *